Live Stream Requirements
- Download and install OBS Studio from https://obsproject.com/
- Open OBS and go to Settings > Output > Output Mode and select Advanced, then change below where it says "Keyframe Interval" and enter 1 in the input box, then click OK. This step must be done one time only and the setting will be remembered afterwards.
- Get familiar with how OBS works, how to set up scenes, or other basic setup configurations.
- OBS tutorials and guides are largely available, i.e. https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/the-most-in-depth-obs-course-ever-made.601/
Starting a Live Stream
- Go to Media Library (Uploads).
- From the icon toolbar located on the left side, click on "Streams".
- From the icon toolbar located on the right side, click on "Add New Stream".
- You will be prompted with a popup where you can set the title, description, tags and select the category of the live stream.
- After submitting, you will see the "Stream Setup" page.
- The "Stream Server" and "Stream Name/Key" will need to be added in OBS.
- Open OBS and go to Settings > Stream.
- At "Service", select "Custom...".
- At "Server" copy/paste the "Stream Server" from the site.
- At "Stream key" copy/paste the "Stream Name/Key" from the site.
- Click OK.
- Click Start Streaming.
- If you see the green square, then your stream is live.
- Your live stream will be listed in the Browse Streams section and on the homepage.
- To stop streaming, open OBS and click the Stop Streaming button.
- After the live stream ends, a VOD will be saved and listed in the Browse Stream section, in the Recent tab.